I found a very heavy antique air compressor yesterday which had been kicked to the curb. I really havent looked it over in detail yet and the picture I took is horrible..my apologies. The motor is a 1 horsepower and old!....I have never seen anything like it. The tank has a pressure gauge mounted on the side. The motor appears to be very old....has a neat logo on the valve cover which I do not have a picture of yet. This might be the end result of a marriage of sorts...custom job. The reason I believe this is a custom job is the air filter which is mounted on it looks modern...it looks out of place...I am not sure why an air filter would be mounted to this to begin with as there is an electrical cord coming off of it???? I am unsure. More pictures and research to come. Of course I am entertaining offers. If this unit does not work I will probably take it apart and sell it piece by piece. I would like to get the motor off of it since I believe that is the oldest component. My blurry picture...
Update 7/7/08: Well I could not figure this one out....I do believe it was some sort of custom job. A blend of electrical and gas. I parted this compressor out and kept the head, valve cover and piston. I am going to use the piston as a paper weight..made of aluminum! The valve cover plate was cleaned and mounted on the garage wall and the head is currently being cleaned up. I threw the rest of the compressor in the trash...the electrical motor, cage and tank. There was just too much missing off of this to save.
No comments:
Post a Comment