Friday, March 21, 2008

Box of Electronics FOUND! SOLD!

On the way home today I happened across a box full of electronics which someone had thrown out in the trash. In the box were 2 Hughes wireless Modems (7000 series), a 2 wire Gateway AT&T modem, an older Nokia cell phone, an At&T wireless phone, a Direct TV receiver box and working remote, a Canon Scanner, and two hughes modem power cables.

I have done some research and have already located the software driver online for the Canon scanner for free...I think it will work...I just need a USB cable. The direct TV receiver (surround sound version) and remote are virtually worthless and were thrown back in the trash. The Nokia cell phone and GE phone were also thrown back in the trash as well...worthless and I do not need them! I did salvage the batteries out of the remote though. The hughes modems (7000 series) sell for around $50 a pop on Ebay. I sold both the Hughes modems for $35 on Ebay and the At&t modem for $12.62!!! $47.62 from the trash is not bad!

I turned around on Ebay and bought an antique reel and a collapsible St. Croix fishing rod/reel to go fishing with for $36 with part of the money. :)

Update: 5/16/08 I ended up throwing away the Nokia cell phone, GE Phone and the DirectTV receiver box and remote due to lack of inerest!

No comments: