Yet another great find which I could not believe. Someone threw out a nice 10" Work Force Miter Saw...the blade does not catch but it does power up and slowly spins the blade. I believe the blade needs to be replaced as the center bore is worn out. I can tell the previous owner tried to repair but ended up stripping the screws...easy fix! I will drill them out and replace the blade. NICE FIND!!! Not for sale!
Update: 5/18/08 As expected...drilled out one screw to get access to the center bore and found that is was just simply loose and not worn out....I used an allen wrench to tighten the blade up and put a new screw in the guard and it works great!!!!! Amazing what a little maintenance can do....:)
1 comment:
Fantastic what you can find in the dumpster. I just can't believe the kind of stuff people throw out. Well, there is a saying, one mans junk is another mans treasure.
And it's pretty useful to be so handy to just fix up the stuff! Some items just needed screws! Previous owners probably didn't own screwdrivers, hehehe
Post a Comment